Events & Classes
Sharpen your photography skills with our
in-house classes, workshops and field trips!
Enjoy hands on, personal training, tips and experiences with some of the top photographers in the world. From shooting to processing, digital to film, basic to advanced, you’ll find great events at Seawood Photo.
Find the newest schedule here, or subscribe to our newsletter to be informed as soon as we schedule new happenings.
Free class with camera purchase!
Seawood Photo offers a free basic 2-hour photo class with any camera purchase, retail value $50.00! See the schedule below, or call us for more details at 415-453-4322.
Introduction To Digital SLR Class
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017. 10:30am-12:30pm
$50. (or FREE with camera purchase)
Join Seawood Photo Instructor Yau-Man Chan for an informative two-hour class on how to use your Digital Single Lens Reflex camera!
In this class you will be introduced to the wonderful features of modern DSLR’s and how these features are best used to create amazing images.
He will teach you to understand them to help you get the most out of your camera.
The following topics will be covered:
1. Pixels, Sensors and Resolution; what they have to do with pictures you get.
2. Images sizes and type – JPEG Large, Medium, Small and RAW and when to use what.
3. Focusing modes – what the different modes does and when to use them.
4. Exposure metering modes and how they affect the exposure of your images.
5. Shooting modes – Auto, P, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and when to use what.
6. Interchangeable lenses – This is one of the prime features that distinguishes DSLR from Point and Shoot Cameras. What are the differences between different lenses – Primes and Zoom and what they are good for.
7. And much more!
Bring your camera, questions and a fully charged battery.